July 01, 2012

Thrift Challenge 1: My First Ukay

S.O.S.
Save Our Style 
You don't have to spend lots of money if you can dress creatively!

My Blog Thrift Challenge! First stop: Ukay-Ukay (Thrift Shop)

This is my first time to buy from Ukay-Ukay (Thrift Shop). My friends are telling me that I should try ukay and I always say no. I don't want to wear clothes used by some random girl I didn't know. But, my perspective was changed! We stopped by at Quezon Avenue to buy some pizza and we saw this ukay store right beside it. My sister and I checked them out and we were amazed of the stuff that they're selling! Most are from China, some are from Europe. 
Luckily, these items I bought still have a price tag! Yes, they aren't pre-loved by some girls. You just have to be patient if you want to see good finds like these. Want to know the prices? Read further. :-)
Paisley top for only 40php
Red leather skirt for only 20php
Necklace for only 100php (Yes, a bit expensive because it's from Divi)

Total: 170php ($4.06). Yehey! Plus, they still all have a price tag!
Mocha leopard wedges from So! F.A.B.
Because I am not yet ready to buy shoes from ukay! Haha.

Hype this on Lookbook!
Don't have a Lookbook account? Log in with Facebook!

Photos by Jim De Ramos
                                                                (c) Paulina De Ramos Blog

27 comments:

  1. Hey hun! Would never have guessed it came from a thrift store! You kind of changed my mind now about going into one and shopping there!! I guess there is hope in finding something you'll love! Used or unused :D

    http://stephaniesurtida.com


    Xx,
    SS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you would really enjoy shopping at a thrift store! :-)

      Delete
  2. You look faboulos!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG PAU!!! I didn't know that ukay stuff are this awesome! sama mo naman ako next time when you go to ukay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure!! Me too, I didn't expect to have great finds!

      Delete
  4. Hi Pau!! Great find! I'm an ukay-ukay lover too. For me it's a treasure house, you can find many amazing pieces in a great great price. :D I'll ask my photographer if what camera did he use. But it's a Canon as I can remember. :)

    xx,
    stylegrenade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I enjoy thrift stores now. :-) Okay, thank you!

      Delete
  5. I didn't know that you haven't gone to an ukay before, I suggest you go here lot's of great finds swear! http://theronnwong.blogspot.com/2012/05/hidden-treasures-of-makati-fashion.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I want to!! Let's set a schedule please. :-)

      Delete
  6. You look great and I have to agree with your great Ukay finds. We called it "vintage stores" here or Salvation Army or Goodwill. I have to admit that I am terrified on those stores but maybe like you one day will venture and maybe i'll find hidden treasures.

    xo Sam

    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds!

    I envy the red leather skirt!


    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Nice ukay haul! haha i want to visit that place too! can you tell me where in quezon ave exactly? haha pretty please.

    http://tuwentytri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is right beside Pizza hut! Corner Delta :-)

      Delete
  9. Cute shirt and necklace x

    http://styleofalondontallgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. u look very pretty!
    wanna follow each other?
    breepluse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'll follow you :-) Thank you, Brenda!

      Delete
  11. I just think of it as vintage! that's how i justify going to thrift stores! Great find!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also go to Thrift shops and I always found nice clothes there :)

    I already followed you, followback? :) hihi

    XOXO
    http://alyssadaguro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi pau! thanks for dropping by my humble blog last time! I personally love thrift shops. It's just a matter of how you carry them.

    Done following you. Follow back? :)
    http://anneg08.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to lift up!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love by leaving a comment! :-)
xoxo,
Pau